LIDAS exists to provide advice and support to women men and their children who are experiencing or fleeing domestic abuse by providing safe accommodation and practical and emotional advice and support via the refuges, advice centre, outreach and floating support services.
In addition to the core service we will work with partners to campaign politically, educate society in general and develop services to respond to existing domestic abuse and minimise the impact of domestic abuse in the future.
The Management Committee have set the following objectives for the 2012-14
This business plan is the first for LIDAS as it begins its transformation. It highlights a number of strategic aims for LIDAS but also details the business plan for the separate parts of the project on a more operational basis.
The strategic aims of LIDAS are
- Consolidate the core functions as high quality services in Lincolnshre aimed at reducing the damage that domestic abuse can inflict on people’s lives. We will do this because we believe that everyone have the right to live their lives free from fear and harm.
- Achieve national recognition as a centre of excellence providing innovative, professional services to people who have/ are experiencing domestic abuse, that delivers real outcomes.
- A well established and resourced out of hours service to meet the local demand .
- Provided all staff and volunteers with the opportunity to aquire qualifications in line with their specific posts and a clear career pathway /development plan linked to improved service delivery and external accreditation routes.
- A Management structure which will consist of a robust management committee leading and supporting a well resourced, strategic senior team and well equipped front line staff.
- Effectively developed our partnership approach ensuring that LIDAS services are joined up with appropriate external agencies/ organisations addressing the full domestic abuse agenda.
- A strong mainstream core budget and a well developed fundraising strategy to deliver on service requirements:
Physical- Maintain the following
- specialist self contained refuge accomodation and flexible secure accomodation to meet the varying needs of the women and their families requiring a service .
- Office accomodation and technology to deliver the best service possible at least cost
- A lead partner role providing specialist domestic abuse support and interventions within a multi agency context using exsiting networks and partner organisations.
Develop new innotative service delivery methods in line with funding and service user demand.
- Experienced and qualified staff and managers delivering best quality services to all LIDAS service and partner organisations