Boost Your Confidence
What Is Self-Esteem?
Self-esteem means ‘appreciating your own worth and importance’ – and it helps you to cope better with the challenges of life.
- We have a positive attitude
- We value ourselves highly
- We’re convinced of our own abilities
- We see ourselves as competent, in control of our own lives and able to do what we want.In addition, we compare ourselves favourably with others, whereas low self-esteem can mean helplessness, powerlessness and even depression.
What Else Can Low Self-Esteem Lead To?
- Low self-confidence
- Letting other’s desires take preference over your own
- Inner criticism, that nagging voice of disapproval inside you, causes you to stumble at every challenge and even relatively small challenges seem impossible
- Building Self-Esteem
- Let building your self-esteem be the first step towards your happiness and a better life! If you have low confidence or low self-esteem you will find it impossible to be the person you could be and your happiness will be limited.
Our own self-esteem has huge implications for our life paths. Our history of self-esteem begins as children, and follows us throughout our lives; it affects all our decisions and, like a garden it needs constant tending.
One example of self-esteem can be seen in setting out upon our careers. For a person to make a non-traditional career choice, for example, a woman becoming a pilot, or to go against family desires, requires someone to have a belief in their ability to make appropriate decisions, even though significant others in their life disagree with them.
Almost everyone can identify when they’re on top of the world, enjoying the benefits of high self-esteem. However, high self-esteem can also act as a cushion for those times when life lets us down. Rejections, disappointments and failure are a part of daily life for everyone.
Life isn’t always fair; and even our best efforts aren’t always successful. But high self-esteem can help us get through life’s downturns
To read more see document: Self-EsteemConfidenceBuilding